My Lovely Followers

Friday 2 June 2017

You Are So Special

Hello!

I have another shaker card to share with you today, using MFT Stamps Beautiful Butterflies stamp set.

I have to admit that I found this set a little tricky to use, lining them up was tricky even with a MISTI.
I've never used layering stamps before, so perhaps that's something,(like most things), that comes with practice.

Anyhooo......I had this idea to combine one of the dies from Blueprints 20 with the English Brick Wall Stencil to create a window effect as a backdrop for my butterfly. 

I really like the way this idea turned out in practice, (they don't always work believe me!), and I thought it would work really well as a shaker card.

I added some paper from the Farm Fresh Gingham paper pack, cut with the largest die from the Blueprints 20 set and used another die from the set to cut the banner from some Razzle Berry Cardstock on which I stamped a sentiment from the You Give me Butterflies Stamp Set.

I put the card together using adhesive and foam tape, filling my shaker aperture with Princess Sequins from The Ribbon Girl and finishing with a few clear sequins on the front.

I've listed all the items used below:

Smooth White Cardstock
Strathmore Bristol Smooth Paper
MFT Beautiful Butterflies Stamp Set
MFT Beautiful Butterflies Die-namics
MFT Farm Fresh Gingham Paper Pack
MFT English Brick Wall Stencil
MFT Blueprints 20
Adhesive Tape
Foam Tape
Ranger Multi Medium Matte
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
MFT Razzle Berry Premium Dye Ink
MFT Cement Gray Premium Dye Ink
MFT Grout Gray Premium Dye Ink
MFT You Give me Butterflies Stamp Set

That's all from me for now, but in an effort to clear some of my draft folder, I will try and post another card or two later today.

Thanks for visiting!


2 comments:

  1. A beautiful shaker card Linda - such a fabulous design!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx