My Lovely Followers

Monday 26 June 2017

Whimsy Stamps - Crissy Armstrong - Penguin Floating

Hello!

I've been super busy this weekend, part of which has been spent planning my teaching for the Whimsy Stamps Annual Craft Retreat over in Florida this October.
If you want more details you can find them here, but if you're thinking of coming you can find the details here.
But don't delay because we only have a few spaces left now!

I did find some time to make a few card, this one though was already 'in the bag'.
A work colleague of mine is retiring at the end of August, and as she has a fondness for penquins, (she has a whole army of knitted penguins she breaks out at Christmas), I thought this penguin, relaxing without a care, was the perfect image for a retirement card for her. It's called
Penguin Floating 
drawn by the super sweet Crissy Armstrong who's drawn a huge selection of penguin images for those of you who love these adorable creatures.

I coloured her up with my zig markers, then masked off the stamped image while I set to with my stencils and distress inks.


I used the Cloud stencil and the Radiating Rays stencil from MFT to create my sky and sun, and blended some salty ocean for my sea.

I cut my image out with a large rectangle die from Blueprints 15 and adhered that to a card base made from deep pink cardstock and then cut a matching frame using a die from the
Whimsy Stamps Shaker Builder - Sweetest Birthday
I cut several of these and mounted them together to get some added dimension.

Finally I added a few clear sequins to finish.

That's all for today, but I'll be back with some more inspiration for you tomorrow.

Thanks so much for visiting!



4 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous card!
    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous image and beautifully coloured too. Your inky, stenciled background makes for a perfect little scene.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and fab layout x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too blinkin' cute! Love this sweet image and your gorgeous sunburst is fantastic!! Gorgeous card hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx