My Lovely Followers

Sunday 4 June 2017

My Favourite Things - Toasty Greetings

Hello!

I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday, I'm a little sad because I will be going back to work tomorrow and on top of that I'm not feeling very well today, with a horrible cough and swollen glands. Hopefully I will feel better by tomorrow as I have a presentation to give!

Anyhoooo.....I'm here with......drum roll......my first Christmas card made this year!

Yup that's right, I've caved. Although I have shared at least one Christmas card on my blog, early in the year, they were actually made in 2016, so this is officially my first.

I'm blaming Lorraine as she keeps showing so many Christmas cards on her blog that it made me think it was probably time to get my finger out and crack on with them.

I mean even Faye has made a Christmas card or two and she's Christmas phobic this early in the year lol!


So for my card I used the MFT Stamps Toast Greetings stamp set, LOVE this one, it has 2 different snowmen and some penguins too, as well as some smaller elements and some fun greetings.

I used a recent card sketch from the MFT challenge blog for this, I was too late to make a card for the challenge, but I liked the sketch so much I thought I would save it to use it later......or sooner in this case.

I cut out my snowman and fire with the matching die-namics (I normally stamp them colour, then cut, but this is an older set that had the solid dies) and coloured then up with my Zig Markers 
 to match the papers. These are from the MFT Plaid Patterns paper pad.  I cut a piece of this paper large enough to completely cover the front of my card base and glued it in place.

I cut a piece of smooth white cardstock with one of the Basic Scallop Edges dies and then cut a window in the centre of it with my MFT Square Peek-a-Boo Window Die-namics, I did play with the idea of making this a shaker card for a bit, but decided just to go with a window.

I adhered my white panel to the base of my card with a double layer of foam tape and popped the little fire inside the corner, popping it up with on layer of foam tape.

I stamped my greeting on the bottom of my card with Versafine Onyx Black ink and then positioned my snowman, sticking him in place with some more foam tape.

To finish I added a few enamel dots.

All my supplies today came from Dies to Die for

That's all from me for now, enjoy the rest of your Sunday!



4 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous Christmas card! Love the papers and wonderful design. Sorry that you are unwell, I hope you are feeling better for tomorrow.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooooooooooooo not the C word!!! Too soon!!! But having said that (and I don't normally think about it till November..), you've made a gorgeous card to send for THAT occasion! Love that snowman and the plaid paper you used!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, I'm glad I've inspired you and I hope this fabulous card is one of many to come this year. Great colours and a fabulous image too, this is gorgeous.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx