My Lovely Followers

Saturday 3 June 2017

My Favorite Things - Make a Wish

Hello!

I'm dropping by today with another make using the Giraffing me Crazy stamp set from MFT Stamps.

I do really LOVE this stamp set and more recently I decided to purchase the MFT Giraffe Stencil as well.
I have to admit to having a bit of a stencil craze at the mo, they are very versatile (I've even done some embossing with them recently), you can get lots of different effects with them and they are soooooo much cheaper than background stamps, plus of course they are easier to store. Of course I will still play with background stamps as well, as I love the emboss resist effects etc. but I will definitely be building my stencil collection.

Anyhooooooo.....on with the card.

To start I took some kraft card to make US A2 size card base, vertical top folding. I took another piece of kraft card and used my Giraffe stencil along with some Vintage Photo distress ink to stencil my design. I used one of my Clarity Stencil Brushes for this, but you could also use a blending tool.

Then I used my new Blueprints 31 set to cut out the stenciled card and also some patterned paper. I cut out more kraft card with another die from the set and used a circle die to cut out my aperture in the stenciled card for my shaker window and stamped the Hey You sentiment on my patterned paper where it would show through the shaker window.
I used some Champagne Shaker Mix from Lucy's Cards, to fill a shaker pouch and adhered everything to my card base, then I stamped out my giraffes from the Giraffing me Crazy stamp set with some Versafine Ink on some Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper.

I coloured up the giraffes with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then cut them out with the matching Die-namics.

I took a scrap of yellow cardstock and stamped the Make a Wish or Two sentiment on it before cutting it out with a banner die from the same Blueprints set and adhering it to my shaker window. Both sentiments come from the MFT More Essential Sentiments stamp set.

Finally I used varying layers of foam tape to add my giraffes.

That's all for today I haven't made a list as I was in a rush, but I think I have mentioned everything I used in the post. If I missed anything and you want to know what I used, please leave a comment below.

I'll be back later with another card to share, thanks so much for dropping by!



2 comments:

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx