My Lovely Followers

Thursday 1 June 2017

MFT Funky Flowers Split Yellow/Grey

Hello!

Something a little different today. I don't often make cards with stamped flowers, but I must admit that this Funky Flowers set from MFT Stamps has had quite the outing. I've already shared 2 cards that I made with it (the Kraft and White ones) and I actually have several more in my draft folder. I just found that they piqued my mojo in various ways and the versatility is what draws me to them.

For my cards today I kept things fairly simple and they were super quick to make once I'd decided what I was going to do.

For both cards I used a combination of white cardstock and patterened paper and then heat embossed the stamps in white, colouring them just by sponging them with Distress Inks. 


I kept to a yellow/grey/white colour scheme, just reversing the yellow/grey for the 2nd card.

If you didn't have Distress Inks (or other dye inks), you could use coloured cardstock if you have it, you would just lose the simple shading, but I think it would be just as effective.

On my first card I used a small word die to make my sentiment, using the negative space, and for my second I used a stamped sentiment on a stitched sentiment strip. I've included the items used below.


Smooth White Cardstock
MFT Calm and Cozy Chevron Paper Pack
MFT Fresh Gingham Paper Pack
MFT Funky Flowers Stamp Set
MFT Funky Flowers Die-namics
MFT Words for Friends Die-namics
MFT Essential Sentiments Stamp Set
MFT Stitched Sentiment Strips
MFT Stitched Scallop Basic Edges Die-namics
MFT Double Stitched Rectangle STAX
Versafine Onyx Black
Distress Inks in Pumice Stone and Mustard Seed

That's all from me today, thank you so much for dropping by!


2 comments:

  1. I ADORE your cards! Both of them- GORGEOUS!!! I was on the fence with this stamp set, but now I must have it! The design and the colors- PERFECT!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx