My Lovely Followers

Saturday 17 June 2017

MFT Camp Create 2017 Days 1 and 2

Hello!

So with the new release from Whimsy Stamps out of the way (I say out of the way, I still have more to share with you in the next 2 weeks, but the release week showcase is done), I thought I'd join in with the Camp Create for 2017 that's been happening over on the MFT Blog.

I probably won't have time to join in with all of them, but I thought I'd try and see how many I could get done.

So I'm starting off with the first 2. 

So just by participating I've earned my first badge below. Takes me back to the days of being in Brownies and trying to earn all those badges for my sash.


For the Day 1 of Camp Create which was Wonderful Watercolour, I created the card below.

I used the watercolour 'smooshing' technique to create the background to give a kind of dappled jungle effect which I thought worked perfectly for my new Loveable Leopards stamp set.


I coloured the leopard and birds with my Zig markers. This was actually the 2nd leopard I coloured and I tried a different combo the first time (I haven't blogged that card yet), but I tried something different for this one and I like this one much better. The colours I used here were Ochre and Light Brown. 

I made the background with 3 colours of distress ink and added water and then when dry I added some drops of water and 'lifted' a little colour before adding splashes of gold watercolour paint.
I stamped a sentiment on some light gold lustre card and popped a little frame cut from kraft cardstock behind to bring the focus on the leopard. I embellished with s few enamel dots in greens.

So that's the Watercolor badge done.

If you want to join in with this class you can find it here.

The next class was Remarkable Resist.

For this class I created the card below. Stamping the Wavy Coloring Book BG and embossing with white embossing powder and using Blueprint Sketch, Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio distress ink, blended over with a blending tool, overlapping the colours and fading to white.


This gave me a bit of a sea themed background for my pirate from the Party Like a Pirate astamp set. 
The cardstock for the matting and banner is actually a dark blue, but it's coming out closer to black in the photo. I heat embossed a white sentiment on my banner from the same set and finished with a couple of the smaller themed stamps from the set and a few sparkle enamel dots.

and that's the remarkable resist badge.



If you want to join in with this class you can find it here.

That's it for today, but drop in again as I'll be sharing my cards for the Spectacular Shaker class and the bonus class Divine Dry Embossing.

Thanks for visiting!




2 comments:

  1. I really like both but the second one is so beautiful, i love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx