My Lovely Followers

Saturday 3 June 2017

Happy Bird-day

Hello!

I made this card months ago now, but didn't share it because it was when I first started colouring with my Zig Markers and I honestly wasn't very happy with the colouring, on that first attempt although I really  liked the card design. So this week when I had some time I re-stamped and coloured the image on paper more suited to these markers (I really like Strathmore Bristol Smooth the best for this), and glued the new image over the old and re-photographed etc.

I'm really happy with the end result and so I'm sharing with you here today.


The stamp is by Paper Smooches from a set called Birthday Buddies and it has a few different critters all with punny sentiments that make him indoors cringe lol.

I made a cloud background wiht my distress ink and blending tool, this was before I bought the MFT Cloud Stencil, so I just made my own stencil with some acetate and a border die.

I placed this behind some smooth white cardstock with a circle aperture cut ot and raised that with some foam tape.

I cut a couple of banners from some patterned paper and stamped a sentiment from the set on one with Versamark ink, heat embossing with white embossing powder, before adding them to my card. My little bird is also popped up on some foam tape and I finished the card with some yellow sequins.

I hope you enjoy my simple card, to think I would have run away screaming from all that white space a year ago lol.

Thanks for visiting!


2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Linda... I really love your Zig colouring - they create such strong, vivid colours, which always make a card pop!! Your CAS design is spot on for this little critter too.. love it!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx