My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 13 June 2017

Die Cuts and/or Punches at Deep Ocean Challenge

Hello!

Sorry I've not posted for a few days, I've been suffering a heavy cold and really not much energy or motivation to post. This week will be better though as I have lots of goodness to share with you including the new June release from Whimsy Stamps, starting tomorrow....so excited to share with you, really you will love them!

Anyhooooo.......... onto today's card, which is my DT card for Deep Ocean Challenge.

Our theme this week is Die Cuts and/or Punches.

I used several dies on my card today, the butterfly die, the circle frame dies and the stitched rectangle die, to build a simple but elegantly layered card.


I made an A2 (US) vertical, top folding card base from white cardstock and then cut a piece of patterned paper the same size and adhered that to the top.

Then I took some smooth white cardstock and cut it with a die from MFT Blueprints 20. I stamped a sentiment on the bottom from the MFT You Give me Butterflies stamp set, with Versafine Onyx Black ink.
I adhered this to my card base.  I stamped one of the butterflies from the MFT Beautiful Butterflies stamp set onto white cardstock with MFT Premium Dye ink in Grout Gray. Once dry I stamped the 2nd layer in Coral Crush, and finished with the markings in Versafine Onyx Black. I cut my butterfly out wit the coordinating die.

I used the MFT Stitched Circle Scallop frames dies to cut the double frame for my butterfly layering up several versions of the die to give it more dimension. I centred these on my card and glued them in place. Then I creased my butterfly down the middle and adhered it in the centre of my circles, popping it up with some foam tape for extra dimension.

That's all from me, I do hope you can join in with the challenge, there are always lovely prizes to be won from our kind sponsors.

Thanks for visiting!






3 comments:

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx