My Lovely Followers

Sunday 14 May 2017

Adorable Elephants - Happy Birthday

Hello!

So I'm sneaking in, close to the wire, an entry for the Wednesday Sketch Challenge #332 over at MFT.

I have to admit here that I was very liberal with my interpretation of the sketch. The main elements are there but I've added bit and moved them a little. I used a circle rather than an oval, but if you draw a line in your mind's eye to encompass the balloons you get a longer and more oval shape. You have to step outside the box sometimes when using sketches, they can be more of a jump of point rather than a literal interpretation, (though that's fine too).

Anyhooo.....I used the Adorable Elephants stamp set again, and I coloured the elephant in pink......Razzle Berry pink to be exact. Yes that's right MFT Razzle Berry Premium Dye Ink, can you use those inks to watercolour your project like you do with distress inks? Why yes, yes you can, and very successfully too I might add.

Why is my elephant pink, I hear you ask? Well.....why not? 😊  I think he looks very cute in pink.
The pale pink is actually a Zig marker because I don't have a pale pink in my MFT inks....yet.

I used a few different items here and I've listed them all below for you with links back to the items in the MFT shop, but I actually bought mine in the UK from Dies to Die for.



That's all for now, thanks for visiting!



4 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Love the cute image and pretty papers.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink elephant, she is so cute! Gorgeous papers too.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes this cute elephant looks so adorable in pink. A super card using the sketch too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at this I am thinking...well why wouldn't you want a pink elephant?! He looks absolutely awesome and I love the zinginess of the pink and orange together...this card just has 'HAPPY' written all over it :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx