My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 28 March 2017

Technique Tuesday #14 - Mother's Day Hugs

Hello! I'm flying in a little late with my technique Tuesday today because I went down to London to visit with my daughter at the weekend and as I had Monday off I was of course forgetting that today was Tuesday.

Anyway it's a quick post from me as I'm dashing this off in my lunch break at work, but this was the Mother's Day card that I sent to my Mum.

I started by stamping the background with Versamark ink using the  stamp from Simon Says Stamp onto watercolour cardstock and then heat embossing with white embossing powder.


I then used a combination of Worn Lipstick, Aged Mahogany and Victorian Velvet to 'colour in' the circles with my blending tool. Once I'd finished I cleaned up the embossed areas with some absorbent paper and ran the whole piece through my Big Shot with the MFT Snow Drifts cover up die. I cut this out a second time from some smooth white cardstock and used the frame part as a base to inlay the die cut pieces of my background, adhering everything directly to my card base.

I cut the MFT Large Hugs Word Die 3 times from some white cardstock and once more from some lustre cardstock in cherry red, and then stacked and glued the layers of each letter with the red on top.

I stamped the mother's day sentiment from Whimsy Stamps Happy Everything set with Versamark ink on some vellum and heat embossed with gold embossing powder and then die cut it with one of MFT's Stitched Sentiment Strips.

I glued the vellum sentiment strip to my card and layered the HUGS on the top, hiding the glue on the vellum beneath the letters and some sequins, from Little Things by Lucy,  which I used to finish embellishing my card.

I've listed my materials below for you with links where available

Tim Holtz Watercolour Card
Simon Says Stamp - Circle Doodle Background Stamp
Distress Inks in Worn Lipstick, Victorian Velvet and Aged Mahogany
Smooth White Cardstock
Cherry Red Lustre Cardstock
MFT Snow Drifts Cover Up Dienamics
MFT Big Hugs Dienamics
Rose Gold Sparkly Shaker Collection

That's all from me today, hopefully my craft/guest room project will be finished by the weekend and I can get back to normal making and posting.

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, love the inlaid patterned pieces in your design. I'm sure your mum loved this.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful Linda... I do love how you used the large die - cutting the second white and inlaying - such a clever idea! I'm sure your Mum loved it!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is really lovely, thanks for showing. May I ask if you managed to get the sss circle doodle stamp in the uk, please? I've seen it used a lot lately. Tia, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. Unfortunately Simon Says Stamp products seem to be stocked by them exclusively, so I had to buy it directly from them in the US xx

      Delete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx