My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 14 March 2017

Technique Tuesday #13

Hello!

Tuesday has rolled around again and isn't this year just whizzing by?

My Techniques on show today include emboss resist, ink blending, and die-cut layering and I do have to say that I'm a little in love with the way this one turned out.

So, what did I do to make this?
Firstly I used a fab background stamp from My Favorite Things (I've listed everything used below for you, with links where I have them), and stamped with Versamark ink on some watercolour card stock.

I love using watercolour cardstock for my ink blending even when there isn't going to be any water involved as it always blends much more easily. I prepared my cardstock before stamping with my anti static powder tool.
Then I sprinkled on some fine detail white embossing powder and heated until all the powder was melted and shiny.

Then I got to work with my distress inks and blending tools. The colours I used were:
Blueprint Sketch, Picked Raspberry, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron.
I took care to blot a lot of the colour off of the blending tool onto some scratch paper before adding the ink to the embossed cardstock, to make sure that whilst colours I used were bright, they had a more subtle effect. I also really blended them out with the last colour (Twisted Citron) almost blending into white at the end. The Picked Raspberry was blended right over the top of the Blueprint Sketch to turn the blue into much more of a violet colour.
Once I was happy with my blending I wiped the whole lot over with a paper towel to clean and brighten the white embossing. I didn't add any water or white acrylic paint this time as I was going to be doing some layering and I wanted the rest of the blending to show fully.

I cut my finished piece using the largest die from Blueprints 15 and mounted that directly to my card base (5.5" x 4.25").

Then I cut a piece of vellum using the Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX and set that aside. I used the because die from the Because You set to cut out the word because in some beautiful specialty cardstock from Papermill Direct. I love how this Sparkle Cardstock just has little pieces of glitter embedded rather than being in your face glittery, not that there's anything wrong with in your face glitter mind you, just sometimes it's nice to have a subtler approach for a softer card. I didn't layer my word to be thicker today as it was already going to be layered on other things.
I stamped a greeting from the same set in Vesrfine Ink Onyx Black, on smooth white card stock and cut it to size, angling one end. I also cut 2 small hearts from that glittery cardstock using the heart die that comes with Blueprints 15.
Once I had everything I needed I set about layering it all together. I popped the vellum up on some foam tape, hiding the tape behind the heart and the sentiment strip and overlapped the strip slightly with the die cut word. I popped the other heart up in the lower right corner to give the card a little balance and then finished off with a few  sequins from Lucy's Pale Pistachio mix.
Making this card actually made my heart happy because I love the end result! I hope you do too.

Products Used

Smooth White Cardstock
MFT Wavy Coloring Book Background Stamp
MFT Blueprints 15
Versamark Ink
Fine Detail White Embossing Powder
Distress Ink Pads (I used minis) in Blueprint Sketch, Picked Raspberry, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron
Heavyweight Vellum
MFT Because You stamp and die set
Versafine Ink Onyx Black
Tea Rose Sparkle Cardstock
Pale Pistachio Sparkly Shaker Selection from Little Things from Lucy
If you are in the UK or Europe, you can buy all of the MFT products from Dies to Die for
Tool and Basic Supplies

Big Shot Die-cutting Machine
Adhesive
Scissors
Foam Tape
Scoring board and Bone Folder (for card base)
Tweezers
Anti static Tool

Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeus card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I love the blending of colours. So nice and bright. The vellum is a nice touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! LOVE the colors ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Love your delightful blending!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo pretty, Linda! Love the white embossing and you've blended the colours beautifully! Such a pretty clean and simple design - right up my street! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So loving this technique! I really must get my inks out. Gorgeous creation Linda. The vellum flag is a lovely touch too. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I commented on this on IG - but what the heck... it's worth another one here!! Absolutely GORGEOUS Linda... I love how you created that stunning background! Methinks I need to buy a large background stamp like this!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx