My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 6 December 2016

Technique Tuesday #3 Debossing with Dies

** Well this should have gone live this morning. Note to self, when scheduling a post, make doubly sure you hit publish when you're done! But it's still Tuesday, so better late then never right?!**

Hello!

Sorry there was no technique Tuesday last week, I did have something lined up, but then I came down with the leurgy lol.

Anyway today I have a Christmas card (yup, still plenty of these to come), made using a simple technique that adds extra use to your dies.


I took a piece of medium to heavy plain cardstock and placed the 3 snowflake dies from Whimsy Stamps Layered Snowflake Set in the top left corner of the piece of cardstock. If you aren't too sure of your positioning, you could use a bigger piece of cardstock and just trim it to size afterwards.
To deboss you just need to use an embossing mat between the cardstock and the cutting plate when you run your sandwich though your die-cutting machine. Make sure you get the spacing right or the dies will start to cut through the paper anyway, particularly if your dies are sharp. 

Once I had my debossed pattern, I stamped a sentiment on the cardstock using a stamp from Mama Elephant's Jingle Greetings set, using my Misti (love my Misti for getting the placement of sentiments just right), and some silver ink. I wanted to emboss this greeting ideally, but I couldn't find my anti static tool anywhere (note to self, must tidy my craft space!). 

I made an A2 size card base from white cardstock and cut a piece of silver mirri card I found in my stash a quarter of an inch smaller than my cardbase and adhered that on top of my base.

I added a thin piece of silver organza ribbon and a tiny bow to my top layer before adding that to my base with some foam tape to pop it up a little. Finally I added 3 clear gems to the snowflakes to give it a little sparkle.

I think it turned out quite elegant and sophisticated for a simple card.


What do you think?



4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Linda and love the debossed dies. CAS but so stunning.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful in it's simplicity Linda... I'll certainly try that deboss method with some of my snowflake dies as I love this effect!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I need a few CAS cards and since I don't normally think of them myself I need to case someone else's. LOL! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I had to laugh about what you said on posting two cards. Yup normally I would NEVER do that but I'm so far ahead of my posting obligations that I'm wondering if people would even see all my posts before xmas! LMBO! This has never happened to me before. Makes me wonder if I'm missing something. LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx