My Lovely Followers

Thursday 21 July 2016

Make it Crafty - Vixie - Shaking it Up

Hi everyone! Hope all my followers in the UK are coping with this heatwave we're having, I dunno, we moan about no summer and then the moment it hits we complain of being too hot lol!
I must say I'm very glad I had this finished before the hot weather hit, because much as I've wanted to colour and craft, by the time I do an hours journey on the bus from work, all I really want to do when I get in is stand under a cold shower...and of course, sods' law dictates that my shower has to break down right as the hot weather hit. *sob!* The man is coming to mend it Friday......and my goodness isn't it hard to arrange repairs and stuff in the home when you work full time?! Ahh well, at least I can cool down a bit this weekend, by the time I have a bath I feel all hot and sweaty again, I'm a shower girl all the way.
Anyhooooo enough of my woes, I've done something a little different for today. I tried my hand at colouring up a Make it Crafty image, I've not done one of these for a long time and the last time I did it I'm pretty sure it was in Copics so that will give you a clue how long it's been as they don't often see the light of day now except for colouring gems hehe.

I see such wonderful work done with these images by some truly talented colourists, but they are nearly always in alcohol markers or pencils, so I thought I would give it a go with my DI markers. I chose the image Vixie, love her, she's so delicate but at the same time very edgy and modern, don't you think? Way back in my youth, we did a modernised production of The Dream, (in which I played Puck), where all the fairies were Punks, this kind of reminds me of that in a way, I think it's the hair, my hair style was very similar, though not green hehe.


I have to say I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how this turned out. So much so that I've already started colouring up a couple more. Because I really wanted to showcase the image I didn't go for my 'go to' embellished style, but neither did I want to do full on CAS either. Hmm.......what to do?


In the end I made a shaker card (I'm totally blaming Jenny Dix for this), but I suppose a bit of an ornate shaker as I did layer and distress my layers, I used again some of the gorgeous Hello Spring papers from Agateria and I cut an ornamental edge to the bottom of the card with my Spellbinders Border dies. What do you think?

The sentiment comes from a CC Designs set and I thought it was perfect for this image.
I kept the embellishments to just a few matching sequins as I didn't want to distract the eye too much.


Distress Ink colours used:
Vintage Photo, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Wilted Violet, Dusty Concord, Tumbled Glass, Milled Lavender.

Oh and I have to say I ticked off another of my 'firsts' with this, the first time I've coloured green hair! I've done aqua before and yellow/green tips but never in your face green, loving it though.

That's all from me today, give me a thought as I'm probably melting in a puddle at work as this goes live, (no air conditioning of course),  and I'll see you soon!


8 comments:

  1. I know we can be a nation of moaners when it comes to the weather but the last couple of days have really been way too hot for me. There has been no build up to this temperature allowing us to acclimatise to it. Hopefully your shower will be fixed in time for you to enjoy your weekend.
    Loving your latest creation, beautiful colour combos and image colouring and a fab design too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really pretty card. Love the image and the dies you used.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Linda! Love the border die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE! Love this shaker card! Isn't in your usual style, but it's sooooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A truly beautiful shaker card Linda! I love the colour palette and papers! Vixie looks fab with green hair! I am with you all the way about the weather. It has topped the mid 30's here this week and I have been melting and struggling to get any crafting done either. Thank goodness today is much cooler with a lovely breeze blowing.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does seem many people are never satisfied with the weather, and although it was a little hotter than I find ideal earlier this week, I was determined to enjoy it...and it's such a good reason to eat ice cream! I'm with you on the shower thing too!
    But I guess I didn't come here to talk weather and there's a rather lovely card for me to admire...Vixx is totally fabulous especially with green hair, and your DI colouring looks brilliant. You did warn us that we might see more shaker cards after your fab octopus shake card...and why not when you do them so well?!
    I hope it's still nice and sunny this weekend...have a good one :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Openly speaking, I'm not very fond of the image, but I adore how it looks on your card. Beautiful design and coloring.

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looooove the Green hair you should totally do it again. I am so sure I commented on this card but I will have a second go. Sorry about the sequins it does turn into an addiction though. You do have me thinking I haven't done a Make it Crafty Image for awhile great Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx