My Lovely Followers

Thursday 11 February 2016

Whimsy Stamps February 2016 Release Day 2



Hi everyone and welcome to day 2 of Whimsy Stamps' February release.

Today I'm showcasing one of the new images drawn by the talented Mi Ran Jung for Whimsy's
Art by MiRan Collection.

This lovely is called Calantha, isn't she gorgeous?
I paired her with some sumptuous papers from Maja Design's Enjoying Outdoors collection.


I coloured her with my distress inks.
Colours used:
Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Walnut Stain, Shaded Lilac, Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, Forest Moss.


I gave her a bit of a muted slightly vintage look. Her wings and scarf are liberally brushed with my new Wink of Stella brush pen and look so sparkly and shimmery in real life, but as usual it doesn't show up in the photos....shame. I chose a darker colour for the background to make it more of a twilight sky.


I kept the embellishments fairly simple, satin ribbon, pearl and diamante embellishment , cherry blossoms, and some self adhesive pearls.  I decorated the inside with papers and shapes to coordinate with the front.



Do you remember these sweet images drawn by Sylvia that I used at Christmas Time?


Jenny

and 

Little Helper

Both of these adorable images are now available in rubber from Whimsy Stamps as part of their Wee Stamps Collection.
How cool is that?

Well that's all from me today, don't forget to drop by the Whimsy blog to see the rest of the teams makes with the new stamps.

See you soon! :) xx

5 comments:

  1. Awwwww.... So sweet, warm and vibrant... totally delightful card!!! I just adore these colours!! Fab paper to match with your fab colouring and loooove the blue ribbon and the little flowers with pearls! Another masterpiece from you!
    I'm so happy that the amazing little girls of Silvia Zan now there are also in rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly beautiful card! The background looks amazing and makes the image pop! The addition of the satin bow and cute cherry blossoms finishes it off perfectly.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and love all those sweet like punched flowers they add to your Beautiful Card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection!! Love how you've added the little flowers to the branch.


    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx