My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 12 August 2015

Vintage Swim Waterfall Folio


Hello everyone! I'm running a little late with this post so I hope you'll forgive me. I have something a little different to share with you today. 

Recently I've been sharing a few mini albums with you, and this is along those lines but a little simpler. I found this great waterfall folio project on My Sister's Scrapper (you can see the original inspiration here) and I thought I would give it a try as it seemed so quick.

After making a prototype following the tutorial, I changed things around just a little and made the one below. I decided to use Pion Design's Shoreline Treasures collection for this as I had quite a few left over papers in my stash and I only had to buy a couple of additional pages. I also thought the girl on one of the images reminded me quite a lot of the Saturated Canary digi Vintage Swim, so I thought I would use her on the front along with some maritime themed dies, and this made her perfect for my DT contribution to Deep Ocean Challenge's new challenge 'Maritime'. Pop across there if you would like to enter or just need some great inspiration, I have some uber talented team mates!

Anyway, this is what I made.


I coloured the stamp with distress inks to echo the image from the paper shown below.

Skin: Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose, Fired Brick
Hair: Antique Linen, Walnut Stain
Outfit: Faded Jeans, Fired Brick (I've also used a white Posca Pen to add the spots and piping)
Background: Faded Jeans, Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass.


All my edges are inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink for a slightly vintage feel.



I used a lot of charms on the spine.


I also have a video uploaded on YouTube, you can watch below or follow the link if you prefer to watch on YT.


I used the following products on my make:

Walnut Stain Distress Ink
La-La Land Crafts Under the Sea Die Set
(Dies to Die for should have these in stock in the future)

You can find the original tutorial I followed here.

That's all from me today, I hope you enjoyed my project and that it inspired you to make something yourself :) xx

10 comments:

  1. Love this folio!
    gorgeous!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda i love your craft style!!! I paint too with copics and i am going some álbums too.... You inspire me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Linda. looks fabulous. well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this is just divine!! The design is amazing and your colouring is out of this world. Thank you for sharing the video, it is so clear and very informative.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this new photo album Linda. Those papers are so beautiful and your image and design reflect their beauty too. You really have got the album bug haven't you and I'm looking forward to watching the video later.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Linda, this is brilliant. Great way to use those small pieces of paper. Fantastic idea!
    hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally awesome project, I just love My Sisters Scrapper and you have put your own style on this folio, Its just gorgeous xx
    hugs and hugs
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you adhere the bits on the right side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, if you scroll down to the end of my post, I have included a link to the tutorial I followed to make the waterfall. xx

      Delete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx