My Lovely Followers

Friday 14 August 2015

I Do Mini Album


Hello everyone, and no the title does not mean I'm getting married again lol. I used a fabulous stamp from Stamping Bella, this is from the Close Ups range. Whilst trying desperately to sort my papers, I discovered that I had 2 of these MME Lost & Found Heirloom pads, both with just a few pages used, no idea how that happened, so I was looking for a project to use them up.  I decided to combine them with this stamp and make a mini album that would be suitable for an engagement or a wedding, maybe even an anniversary.

As I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't want to think too much I used envelopes for my pages. I used a project from Ginger of My Sister's Scrapper here as inspiration for the basic pages, but I didn't follow her tutorial as she used quite a different style of envelope which I could not get in the shape and size that I used, so I just did my own thing and kept it super simple. Basically I glued down the flap to the inside and then glued a square of design paper on top, making sure that I didn't apply glue to the area where there was an empty space, so that it left a pocket. 
I did use Ginger's method for attaching the envelopes to Kathy Orta's Hidden Hinge binding.
The envelopes I used came with matching cards, and I used some of the cards to make booklet inserts to hold photographs.

Even though it's fairly simple I like the way it came out and you could fit quite a lot of photographs in this album.

I've added a list of items used at the end of my post.


I covered my album with some neutral card stock and then matted with the design papers on black cardstock. I matted the image (coloured with Copics) onto some black cardstock also and popped a die cut doily behind, then I used some gorgeous mulberry flowers , a metal key and some beautiful pearl and diamante bling to embellish.


I covered the spine with some lovely ruffled trim and added 3 shades of pink seam binding which I scrunched to make more vintage looking and some charms.


Some pictures of the inside.



I made a little envelope again with my envelope punch board.


On the inside back cover I cut a large heart with a Whimsy die and stamped the sentiment that comes with the image stamp.

It's very difficult to show you everything in photographs, so I have a video below so you can see allthe pockets and interactive stuff better.

10 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!!! I'm still gathering ideas for my first mini album. I made a little progress ... I actually bought the papers, so now all I need is some time to make it. lol
    Hugs, t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it's very pretty mini album
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do, I do, I do LOVE this mini album!!!! I like that you kept the pages farely simple,so that there is a lot of space for journaling and photos. Amazing work! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, gorgeous mini album Linda! Such beautiful papers.
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the cute image on the cover and lovely bits and bites on the inner pages. Another wonderful mini is finished and ready to make someone happy :)

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Gorgeous. Oh I wish I could do what you do with these little albums. Such wonderful mini works of art. You rock!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another stunner Linda. The papers and image are perfect for each other and you really have a knack for creating such beautiful interactive pages.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Linda another stunning make! You really have an eye for these mini albums. The papers and design are just beautiful!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx