My Lovely Followers

Friday 15 May 2015

Vintage Wedding Beer Mat Mini @ Dies to Die for

Happy Friday everyone, it's nearly the weekend...wheeee!
I have something a little different for you today, are you sitting down?
It's not a card....don't faint now lol!

I've been messing about with a mini album using the new Maja collection, that's not quite ready to share yet, BUT while researching different styles of page, binding etc, I came across these really neat mini mini albums made from beer mats or drinks coasters.  Now if you don't have any of these you could just cut them from regular chipboard, but luckily for me I had a whole bunch of promotional ones sitting in a draw just waiting for me to be creative :P

As luck would have it Tracy had just sent me some of the gorgeous Vintage Wedding papers from Pion Design, so I made a sweet little wedding album. 
I've listed all the products used at the end of my post.


I covered the mats with various papers from the collection, they measure around 3.75 inches. I added a little frantage in Aged Ivory to this Scrapberry polymer word, I really like the effect. I've had that key Charm for a while now and it was perfect to use here as it's fairly large. The dangly pearl bits? That's actually an earring I upcycled. The lace is also upcycled as it was taken from a belt that came with a lace dress, I never wore the belt so I thought I would re-use the lace. :) The Prima bling is cut from a much larger piece, it's quite economical to do this as you can sometimes get several projects out of one piece.


I made some tags for journaling and quite a few photo mats including one that looks like a clock.  I also made an accordion fold page.

All the pages have been edged with Walnut Stain distress ink, I didn't add lots and lots of embellishments as I didn't want to over power such a small space.

I made a video to show you all the pages properly, it's my first ever YouTube video, so please be kind and overlook the worst of my waffling please!

Follow this link to my video

List of products used from Dies to Die for:

Ribbon Girl embellishments:

I also used various sentiments from the 


I'm really happy with the way this turned out, the photos really don't do it justice. Also it was so much FUN to make, you really should have a go, I already have the cutest baby beer mat mini nearly completed and I'm sure I'll make more because they really are easy and fun to make.

This album will be available to buy in my Etsy shop once I get home from work and can upload it!


Right that's all from me today, sadly I'm stuck at work today, but it's the weekend soon and then I get to play ;)  Happy crafting and I'll see you soon! :) xx

11 comments:

  1. Linda... wow, wow, wow! This is just soooo beautiful. An amazing piece of art xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful mini Linda and I can tell that you thoroughly enjoyed making it. It's very pretty and those papers are beautiful. I have a Christening album to post on my blog tomorrow which I can now share as it was a present for a family member. It makes a change from creating cards and I really enjoy making them too. Can't wait to see your baby mini !
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous album, Linda! I've always been a bit intimidated to try one, but you are making me re-think that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful hun! I went through a mini book fad for a while, and now I have 5 different ones in various stages, none that are finished! lol
    TFS Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Such a stunning way to showcase those gorgeous papers. I love the design and all your detailing is so beautiful.
    I hope you have a good weekend.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic idea, it looks beautiful and I love all the details xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowwwww Linda!!!!! You did such an AMAZING job!!!!!!! You are so creative in all that you do .. my gosh! I did that one album, and omg .. it took me weeks because I had no idea what in the world I was doing! lol!!!!! And those papers .. sigh .. it's DIVINE! Love Love Love this Linda!

    Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous Linda and what a brilliant idea!! The papers are to die for and your creativeness is second to none, I totally adore it!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lot of work, but so worth it. This is gorgeous. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go and make something different! ;) I've made several (mini) albums already (in fact I just finished one today - also a wedding one lol), but none from the coasters. Hence, I've never even thought about using toasters for that. So thank's for the inspiration! :) Your album is so elegant and beautiful. I love it and I'm sure that the lucky bride and groom will like it too!
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx