My Lovely Followers

Friday 1 May 2015

Happy Hour for a Fab Fortieth

Happy Friday folks! Hope you're all looking forward to the weekend as much as me. I would like to say a huge thank you to the people who stop by an leave a little love with comments.  I'm sorry I don't get to leave you all comments as much as I would like. I do visit your lovely blogs, but often it's on my phone during my lunch break at work, so I don't get to leave a comment.

It's a work pal's 40th soon and for once I had the time to think about making a specific card.  I thought that Time for Tea's Cocktail Dress would be just perfect for this, who wouldn't enjoy cocktails on their 40th birthday.....well maybe some people wouldn't, but that's certainly not me, though my 40th is definitely behind me lol!

Anyhoooo enough waffle and on with the sharing! I just have the one photo today as I've had a really busy week and dashed off this photo after coming home from a trip to the cinema to see Avengers: Age of Ultron, which I highly recommend you to see if you haven't already.  

I matched the stamp with some beautiful Authentique papers called Elegant and I'm ashamed to say that I did not check the website first and sadly Tracy no longer has this pad available.  She has such a wide range of beautiful papers though, you're sure to find something that you like.

I coloured her with my Distress Ink and Aquatint markers....I really must start using my Copics and pencils again, I just really love colouring my images with a brush, but pencils would be soooooo useful to take on journeys with me to colour images, I just never seem to have the hours in the day to practice lately. Oh well one for the 'to do' list.

I used another of the Make a Card die sets from CC designs, I used the 2 larger rectangle shapes to mount my fussy cut image, plus the long narrow one for my sentiment.



I just love these little polymer frames from Scrapberry, they are perfect as an accent and I used it here to frame the number 40.  I'm sure she will just love me reminding her how old she is lol!

You can find a full list of items available from the shop below:


The ribbon, button and twine are all from the Ribbon Girl.

That's all from me today, have a lovely Friday and if you're in the UK I hope you enjoy the long weekend :) xx


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Linda!
    Hugs, t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Love the gorgeous image and colours!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. really fantastic card with a great combo
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card, Linda! The birthday girl will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, sweet card and love all the details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful card!!! The colours are gorgeous and the papers match so perfectly! Your design and embellishments are totally beautiful!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love this, Linda! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is just perfect for a 40th Card and the Bow finishes it all of Perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the colour combination you used on this card. Blue and black go together so well! I definitelly want to use this colour combo on one of my future cards. :)
    I'm sure your co-worker will love this card, and if you'll bring her a cocktail together with it she probably wouldn't mind either. lol
    Amazing creation!
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx