My Lovely Followers

Sunday 10 May 2015

Genie - Shaped cards at the Ribbon Girl

Happy Sunday everyone, I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. Yesterday they finally came to fit my new oven, so I can cook stuff properly again lol, apart from that most of yesterday was spent on Pinterest and in my crafty corner discovering the joys of beer coaster mini albums, my goodness they are just soooo much fun! So expect to see something from me soon in that category.

Anyhooooo, back to the reason I'm here today and it's to share my card for the new challenge over at The Ribbon Girls.

The theme this week is Shaped Cards or Anything Goes.

You can use any image you like as we know you all have your favourites and we're looking forward to seeing them on this 'everything goes - use any image' challenge - we hope to see all types of project including shaped cards, boxes, candles and projects of all kinds!
**Your project must include an image**

I made a shaped card, though if I had discovered beer mat mini albums earlier it may have been something else :P

Earlier this week I chose an image that I'd used before and gave it a different treatment and I thought I'd do that again. A while back I used Genie, but I did her in very strong funky colours to match the papers I had chosen, I thought that this time I'd choose the same shape and a similar layout but use very different colours and a bit of a twist on the design.  So I chose this lovely Maja design paper and coloured her up with my distress inks in soft pinks and yellows to match.

I've popped a list of items used and links at the end of my post.




Just so you can compare the difference, here are the 2 cards side by side



Items used from the Ribbon Girl:

Stamp - Saturated Canary Genie from Little Darlings Rubber Stamps
Papers - Maja Design - Coffee in the Arbour - Flourishing Garden
Bazill Cardstock Frosted Yellow
La-La Land Folding Banners Die
Little Darlings Vintage Affections #4 Enchanted Wishes

This card is for sale in my Etsy store

This card is now sold.

ETSY

I do hope you can join in with our challenge.
As usual we have two fabulous prizes, the first is a stamp of the winners choice from our generous friends at Lili of the Valley who have some beautiful images to choose from, and a £10 voucher from The Ribbon Girl for the randomly chosen winner of the challenge



That's all from me today, but I'll see you again tomorrow and don't forget to check out the rest of the makes from the DT, they are pretty amazing!   Happy crafting! :) xx

12 comments:

  1. both gorgeous as usual Linda,I prefer the pink one! I'm sure Andrea used to make things with beer mats many moons ago! look forward to seeing what you've made, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the soft colours. Hope you will hop iver and enter my candy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are gorgeous and beautiful card's Linda love the SC image and fabulous colour's and design on both of your card's
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both stunning Linda! Even though I'm totally a pink person, I can't decide which one I like more. lol
    Gorgeous colouring once again!
    Have a lovely Sunday!
    Hugs, t.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards
    Love the papers you chose on both and the image is adorable!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, Linda! I love your gorgeous card. It's just as pretty as the previous one. The way you color is amazing. Have you ever done a video on that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty, I've never done a video at all I'm actually trying to get the courage up to start, if I don't run away screaming I will try to do a colouring video at some point as well :) xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you Patty, I've never done a video at all I'm actually trying to get the courage up to start, if I don't run away screaming I will try to do a colouring video at some point as well :) xx

      Delete
  7. This is another beautiful card Linda! I love them both, but as I am a bit of a pink fan I am swaying towards the pink one. The colour of her hair is fab! and I love the sparkle on her trousers. Such a fantastic design too.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love me some glittery pink trousers x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news about the new oven. And I know exactly what you mean spending a lot of time on Pinterest. That thing is SO addictive, isn't it? I could be there for hours searching and pinning things. I think I'm some sort of a Pinterest addict. lol
    As for the cards goes ... That really is a big difference. It's great you got to "challenge" yourself to colour the same image so differently. You did a great job!! I think both cards look gorgeous. I love those swirls you added behind the image on this card.
    Enchanted hugs! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx