My Lovely Followers

Friday 24 October 2014

Use Pink at A Creative Romance

Hello again!  Yes it's my 2nd post of the day, so if you are here looking for my Dies to Die for post, please scroll down.

Today is the start of a new challenge at A Creative Romance, and our theme this time is 'Pink'.

Recently I made a few vintage style Christmas cards for an order and this is one of the cards that I made.  I love Christmas cards in non traditional colours, so this pink card is right up my street.  no stamped and coloured image again, so very good for those of you who don't enjoy stamping and colouring images. The image is actually taken from a piece of the designer paper.  All the papers are by Maja Design and come from the Vintage Frost Basics collection.


I cut the shape with a Go Kreate die and the framed image and sentiment are cut with MFT's Pierced Oval Stax.


I added pink lace, ivory ruffled tulle, flat back pearls and pearl trim, so beautiful fluted edge sheer ivory ribbon and some cheesecloth. I sprinkled plenty of Frantage in Shabby Pink and Chunky White.


The gorgeous pearl enbellishment is from The Handcrafted Card Company, I coloured the centre pink with my Copics.


Some pretty flowers to finish the front and the inside decorated with papers and dies to match and I was done. 

We are sponsored for this challenge by the wonderful Sandra Mathis of Live and Love Crafts, so you could win a super prize.

Do join us, pop over to the blog and check out my team mates fabulous makes and then show us your makes in Pink, go on....you know you want to!

That's all from me for today, but I'll be back on Sunday with my Totally Tilda make and my first creation for The Ribbon Girl Challenge Blog as GDT....exciting stuff! :) xx

5 comments:

  1. wow this is Exquiste! I never Imagened this Image could look so Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Linda. I love the vintage image and so much gorgeousness with the embellishments.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this colour scheme Linda and your vintage image is beautiful. As always I love all the details and layering you add to your cards. Beautiful.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just awe-struck by this card, Linda! It is so absolutely beautiful--I can't stop looking at it! Truly something to be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with this card! Pink is my favourite colour and it all works so well together. The embellishments are to die for and your design is simply stunning.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx