My Lovely Followers

Friday 15 August 2014

Twinkle Toes at Dies to Die for

Happy Friday!  This is my first post for Dies to Die for in my new Friday spot, I've moved from Tuesday since Friday became vacant as it works out a little easier for me with other postings and my family and social stuff.  Talking of family, the card I'm sharing today was made for my beautiful daughter's birthday which was on Monday.  She's 25, blimey that really makes you feel old when your 'baby' turns a quarter of a century lol.

Anyway, this is what I made for her, I thought Twinkle Toes was quite appropriate as she did loads of dancing and dance competitions when she was younger, so she really was a Twinkle Toes hehe.


I used the My Precious Daughter collection from Pion Design (love this collection and also the new Pion Christmas collection which Tracy now has in stock in the store here. Expect a make from me with these new papers soon, they're lush!), I thought these papers were very fitting for a card for my daughter as well as being downright gorgeous. I mostly used the 12 x 12 versions. The beautiful border at the top is cut with the MFT Crown Border


I decided to go with Distress Inks for my colouring medium, though it was a hard choice between that and Inktense Pencils, but as I decided to go for the softer pinks in this collection rather than the purples, I thought the DI suited and matched rather better.

Colours used:
Skin:  Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo
Hair: Antique Linen, Walnut Stain, Broken Twigs
Clothes: Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Black Soot
Shadow: Milled Lavender

She's mounted on some pierced ovals cut with the Pierced Ovals Stax from MFT. I finished her off with a little Glamour Dust and some Liquid Pearls.


I inked all the edges of my papers with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain, before distressing them.  All the layers are also hand stitched with top stitch thread. The little banners on the top left were cut with the Jumbo Banner Stax from MFT. Flowers are a mix of Prima and Wild Orchid Crafts.


I cut a little butterfly and a pair of tickets from the element sheet and added them to my card. The satin ribbon, fabulous pink tulle trim and flat back pearls are from The Ribbon Girl.  The pearl strings were a gift from my daughter and the pearl and diamante heart is from The Handcrafted Card Company


Finally I decorated the inside with a piece from one of the 6 x 6 sheets to match the front and stamped a Happy Birthday to You sentiment from the Impression Obsession  Life Stuff Sentiments set.

Well that's all from me today, I'm off to make Marie-Clair some breakfast now before we head out for the day, but I'll be back on Sunday with my post for Totally Tilda.

Have fun! : )  x x

13 comments:

  1. Wow Linda this is so beautiful and clearly a labour of love. I bet your Daughter loved it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This really is stunning Linda. The pretty image is coloured so beautifully to match those totally gorgeous papers. As always your attention to detail is amazing.
    I hope your daughter had a lovely birthday. I bet she was thrilled to receive such a special card.
    Have a good day!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Linda, this is fabulous. I love the beautifully coloured image and so much gorgeousness with the embellishments.
    Have a happy Friday.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous and your daughter must have loved receiving it. Love the DI colouring, definitely suits those gorgeous papers. Hope you both enjoy the rest of your week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is stunning! I love your coloring with distress inks - looks amazing! This style coloring is on my "need to learn" list :) Your daughter will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how much cute card! It's very sweet and full of pretty details!I love the colours, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous! You always have the most beautiful stamped images, too (I never see any like them around here). Hope you daughter has a wonderful birthday as I'm sure this card is a perfect start to her day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely stunning Linda!! I love the softness that the DI's give and your wonderful colouring. The design is awesome - love everything about it. Your daughter will treasure this card. Hope you are enjoying your time with her.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very beautiful Linda...gorgeous image and amazing colouring..the papers are just gorgeous and I love your card design...stunning.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! This is just stunning Linda! Just saw your post over at the Kit and Clowder facebook page and a=came over straight over to check out your blog! Love love these new papers and your colours are just so pretty and soft ... Looking forward to checking our more of your creations ... Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Linda...absolutely stunning and perfect for your daughters birthday.
    I love everything about it ♥
    Awesome colouring, the most beautiful papers and lots of gorgeous embellies.
    Yep, it's totally delish!

    Big hugs
    Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous creation. Such a sweet image and I love your pretty embellishments!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated birthday to your daughter. :) The card you made for her is beyond amazing - so feminine, classy, elegant and cute at the same time. I love it! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx