My Lovely Followers

Friday 14 February 2014

On My Heart - Let's Get Sentimental at A Creative Romance

Happy Friday everyone, it's the end of the week, are you looking forward to the weekend?  I usually am, but I've been on holiday this week and the weekend means it's almost time to go back to work lol.  Sadly I didn't win the lottery while I was on holiday, so it's no idyllic whiling my days away in a designed to order craft room for me hehe.

I'd like to say a huge welcome to my newest followers, it's so lovely to have you with me and also big hugs to my loyal crew who've been with me a while, I haven't forgotten about the Candy I promised, it's just taking me longer than I thought to decide what I'm getting to put together my package, but I'm almost there, just need to order a few bits, so hopefully should be ready to go for next weekend.

Also I've started on my promised tutorials, the first one is live today with this card, you can access them (well 1 for now and more to come) via the Tutorial tab at the top of my blog here.  The one for today is for how I make my shaped cards as I've had quite a few questions lately about those :)

Anyhoo....enough of my waffle and on with my card, which is my DT card for the new challenge at A Creative Romance  and that's Let's Get Sentimental.  It's another easy one really, we just want to see a sentiment of some sort on your make.

My card today is actually my Valentine's card for the OH.  But it's Valentine's Day today, so perfectly safe to share....not that he looks at my blog anyway lol.......FB of course is a different matter.


Now I'll come right out with it, I suck at masculine cards, they're not my forte....however...Valentine's Day by it's very nature is romantic and not very stark adn masculine. I did try not to go too girly, I did not use a single flower! and although my card has some pink, it also has a lot of blue...and some metal...and some lace...sigh, I guess I fail. But even so, I don't think it looks overly feminine...and I like it :) I used Maja Design papers from the Vintage Autumn Basics collection, links to products used can be found at the end of my post.


The image is a Saturated Canary one by the wonderful Krista Smith, isn't she gorgeous? She's a digi called On My heart, I just loved colouring her, especially that hair!  I'ved tried distress inks to colour again, not perfect but I think I'm improving anyway. I used Tattered Rose and Vintage photo for her skin, Antique Linen and Tea Dye for her hair, Chipped Sapphire for her dress and a mixture of Worn Lipstick and Victorian Velvet for the heart.  I used a very little Shabby Pink Frantage around the edges of the oval frame.


The sentiment is from a Whimsy postage stamp sentiment set.  The key and lock are by Tim Holtz and were from my local Hobbycraft.  The edges of all papers have been distressed with Walnut Stain DI.


I've had this jeweled heart in my stash for ages, it was originally lilac, but I've shaded it with a Copic Pen in BV 29 to match my colours.

Well I hope he likes it as much as I do,  do pop over to our challenge blog and check out the rest of the Elegant Artisan's creations, they're stunning I assure you.

If you're joining in with our challenge this week (and you really should!) we have a great sponsor for you and a great prize:




Have a fab day everyone and I'll be back on Sunday with my DT creation for Totally Tilda. : ) x x





7 comments:

  1. Linda, this is just toooo beautiful. With awesome colouring and scrumptious textures.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Linda. I love the image, such beautiful colouring and stunning papers with wonderful detailing too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one amazing card! Can I be your Valentine? ... Seriously?
    Love the coloring, LOVE the image and that keyhole... Perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, Linda! Love these colors and this beautifully colored stamp. Have a nice day!
    Anna xxx
    P.S. You didn't win the lottery, but you have won a BIG talent! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your hubby loved his card, who wouldn't, it's beautiful. Just the right amount of everything and a fab idea with the lock and key.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Linda! So beautifully coloured! I am sure your other half truly appreciated this!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous sweetie I love your shapes & layers & all the stunning embellies! Hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx