My Lovely Followers

Friday 15 November 2013

DT Crafty Catz - Anything Not Square


Good morning all and happy Friday, well it'll be happy for me once it's finished, this is a scheduled post as usual because I'm hard at work and looking forward to the weekend. It's been audit week at work so it's been manic, so needing some rest, relaxation and some crafting to chill me out.  This is my 3rd post this week....get me!, must be getting the hang of this malarky lol

Anyhoo, on with today's post, it's my DT post for this week's challenge at Crafty Catz  and it's Christine (who keeps everyone in the DT laughing with her comments in DT chat) who's chosen and she chose Anything but Square.

I thought I'd have a change from cards and step right out of my comfort zone for this eeek!  Well I do like to challenge myself sometime.  I'd seen something similar to this done on a blog I visited, it's really worth looking around people's blogs if you admire their work, you can find some fab inspiration.  Anyhoo, I spotted this and I thought it was a fab idea and really wanted to try my hand at making something like it. Oh and check out some of the other non-card things that Tracy has made recently, they are truly amazing.  I also looked at this.  I was going to make a gift box to go with it but I ran out of time so will do that later.  

Here's my version




I used Magnolia paper I bought on sale from Dies to Die for, a bunch of flowers and beads from Wild Orchid Crafts, a styrofoam ball I bought from Hobbycraft, ribbon from The Ribbon Girl a few self adhesive pearls to look like sprinkles, a stick pin, some Tim Holtz trinket pins and the ticket stamps and die used to cut them are by Whimsy Stamps.

It really is a LOT easier than it looks, getting the 'case' to sit right and evenly was actually the hardest bit lol, it was sooooo much fun to make and really quick.  They'd be lovely to make for table decorations for a wedding or christening etc.

Do pop over to Crafty Catzand check out the rest of the DT's creations, they really have excelled themselves this week.  Why not have a go at our challenge this week, you can make a card if you prefer, or like me, something a little different, as long is it's not square!


That's all from me today, I'll try and pop in on you at the weekend, have fun! :) xx

14 comments:

  1. Wow! This is very pretty Linda, and that ribbon looks just like piped icing.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, Oh I just adore this sweet creation, so pretty....
    Have a nice week-end.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a beautiful creation! I love the colours you have chosen!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow! Linda this is stunning, what a perfect creation.
    Have a fabulous weekend, hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow :) What a great Cupcake :) I love cupcake, this is sooooo sweeeeet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this and so want to have a go at making one, thank you for such beautiful inspiration, hope your enjoying your relaxing weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! This is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You nailed the challenge this week. A stunning creation. Love it. Have a great weekend. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just gonna say that again: this is stunning! And perfect for those on a diet LOL I don't like sweets too much, but this one looks delicious.
    Have a nice week!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow gorgeous and beautiful Linda just love this have seen these before and i will have to have a go at making one myself soon
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! lovely creation darling Hope you have a great week. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! This is such an eye candy to look at!

    Have a great week!
    Hugs Nick

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow a fab creation Linda! I love this cupcake! very pretty!! Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx